椰子油 (yē zi yóu)
Coconut oil is a valuable and safe ingredient for sensitive skin care, hair-care and babycare products. Also it is a natural anti-aging product.
Extracted from the meat of the coconut, it is clear white, transparent and very light. It is liquid at room temperature and becomes viscous at low temperatures. Coconut oil is sweet and fragrant, extremely mild and a soft natural skin moisturizer and nourisher. The oil contains 10 different fatty acids, including lauric and oleic fatty acids that are highly beneficial for the skin.
Coconut Oil is one of the ancient medicinal materials used in Ayurvedic medicine in India, and elsewhere in the Philippines and South East Asia.
Coconut oil complements organically other natural ingredients. It provides a soft, natural base to make natural creams, hair care products, and balms. Quickly and easily absorbed, coconut oil makes your skin smooth and velvety.
Some of the beneficial features of Coconut oil include:
- Coconut oil melts into the skin and creates thin protective barrier
- Effective moisturizer for dry and cracked skin
- Has UV blocking qualities and can be applied before exposure to sun
- Wonderful massage oil, relaxes tense mussels, calms nerves and softens skin
- Due to its high absorption rate and its rich texture, smoothes skin and wrinkles
- Natural source of nourishment and conditioning for hair
Anti-aging -- The most direct health and beauty benefits comes from virgin coconut oil. Rich in nutrients and other elements, this oil is high in antioxidants, presenting a natural barrier for free radicals and toxins -- and so valuable for detox and anti-aging effect.
Sun-protection -- Coconut oil is also a natural sun block, protecting your skin from developing liver spots and other effects of sun damage. Quickly absorbed by the skin, it creates a protective barrier against sun exposure. If your skin has already been overexposed and sun-burned, coconut oil will cool and soothe it, helping to “put out the fire.”
Anti-bacterial -- Due to its large amounts of lauric acid Coconut oil has strong anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral qualities. This is why it is actually great for acne prevention and in the case of babies, works well to combat diaper rush.
We use virgin Coconut oil in several Delicious! treatments. You may experience the benefits of Coconut oil in our treatments:
- Oats & Blueberries with Coconut Oil (Nourishing line)
- Coconut Milk & Pineapple with Paprika and Sweet Orange Oil (Brightening line)